Help us…

Sportability is a registered charity funded purely by voluntary donations, sponsorhip and fund raising – no grants, subsidies or State assistance.  So like most charities we depend on the support of many generous people and organisations.   And the life-blood of that support is the simple donation!

Remember a donation of

  • £25 pays for one person to go sailing or canoeing.
  • £45 and they could be quad biking, doing archery or shooting clay pigeons.
  • £60 pays for a flying experience

So every little helps and your contribution really counts!

You can donate right now via our online secure donations website. Just click on the button and follow through. donate-star

Gift Aid

If you are a tax-payer don’t forget to select this option during the donation process. This simple task enables us to reclaim money from the Inland Revenue, making your donation even greater. As an example, for every £10 donated we would actually receive £12.50. That’s a staggering 25% increase to your donation, just by selecting the option confirming that you are a UK tax payer.

Whatever you can donate will be put to good use, helping us to continue funding our activity days and helping someone to think, “if I can do this, what else can I achieve?”

Payroll Giving and how it works

Payroll Giving allows you to make donations to charity directly from your pay. The donations are made before Income Tax is worked out and deducted. Because of this, you only pay tax on what’s left.
This means that you get tax relief on your donation immediately – and at your highest rate of tax.
Who can use Payroll Giving?

You can use Payroll Giving as long as both of the following apply: you are an employee or you get a company/personal pension and your employer or pension payer deducts tax through the PAYE system; your employer or pension payer operates a Payroll Giving scheme.

How to make a donation using Payroll Giving

You can make a donation by authorising your employer or pension payer to deduct a set amount from your salary or pension income.

You do not have to tell your employer or pension payer which charities you support. Instead you complete a simple form for the Payroll Giving agency to tell them where they should send your donations.

Some Payroll Giving agencies can provide you with a charity card or cheque book so that you can make gifts directly to any charity whenever you want.

Once a gift has been deducted from your pay or pension no refund is possible. Some agencies may charge a small fee, which is deducted from your donation, to cover administrative costs.

For more info. please call the Charities helpline on 0845 302 0203 – select option five. Lines are open from 8.30 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

From everyone at Sportability: Thank you.